Error Correction Training for Drug & Alcohol Testing
Error correction training is required in the event the collector causes a “fatal flaw” that results in cancellation of the drug test. The lab and/or MRO will notify the collector if error correction training is necessary.
Error Correction Training Cost: $115
This accredited training review of the error subject and limited “Proficiency Demonstration” satisfies the DOT requirement for Error Correction training when required by DOT regulation. It consists of 3 mock collections that address the problem needing correction.
This training is provided as a live teleconference with a TeamCME representative.
Once the training has been purchased, you will be able to schedule your proficiency demonstration (mock collections) through our online scheduling platform. This is found by opening your course in the training portal.
A certificate of completion will immediately be available upon completion of the error correction mock collections. This can be accessed through the training portal as well.
On the day of your Proficiency Demonstration you will need the following:
Breath Alcohol Technicians
- A breath alcohol unit
- Mouthwash that contains alcohol
- Someone to act as the donor
- One original DOT Alcohol Testing Form (ATF)
- 2 copies of the top page of the DOT ATF
- A webcam
Urine Specimen Collectors
- 3 Split Collection Kits (These will be sent to you upon purchasing the training course.)
- 3 Federal Chain of Custody Forms (CCF’s)
- Have a person to act as your “donor” for the mock collections.
- A webcam