Error Correction Training for Drug & Alcohol Testing
Error correction training is required in the event the collector causes a “fatal flaw” that results in cancellation of the drug test. The lab and/or MRO will notify the collector if error correction training is necessary.
This review of the error subject and limited “Proficiency Demonstration” satisfies the DOT requirement for Error Correction training. It consists of 3 mock collections via live teleconference that address the problem needing correction.
Upon completing the qualification portion of the training, You will be able to schedule your proficiency demonstration (mock collections) by clicking on a button that is provided within the course.
Cancellation/Rescheduling without 24+ hour notice will result in a $25 fee.
On the day of your Proficiency Demonstration you will need the following:
Urine Specimen Collectors
- 3 Paper Federal Chain of Custody Forms. If you do not have paper forms available, please contact us so that we may send these to you.
- 3 Split Collection Kits (These will be sent to you upon purchasing the training course.)
- Have a person to act as your “donor” for the mock collections.
- A webcam
Breath Alcohol Technicians
- A breath alcohol unit
- Mouthwash that contains alcohol
- Someone to act as the donor
- One original DOT Alcohol Testing Form (ATF)
- 2 copies of the top page of the DOT ATF
- A webcam