Proficiency Demonstration ONLY
Drug & Alcohol Screening
This course may be used for Initial training OR the 5-Year Recertification training.
This is only used when the “Qualification Training” has already been completed.
Per regulations, a trainee must complete a “Proficiency Demonstration” (Mock Collections) within 30 days of finishing the “Qualification Training”.
$229 per person
Conduct 5 mock collections covering common and uncommon collection scenarios. This face-to-face proficiency demonstration is performed with a TeamCME representative via video conference, and usually takes about 90 minutes to complete.
Cancellation/Rescheduling without 24+ hour notice will result in a $25 fee.
Prepare by practicing on family or staff members by doing at least 5 practice collections prior to your Mock Collections. (Please use photocopies of the Chain of Custody forms for practice.)
On the day of your Proficiency Demonstration you will need the following:
- 6 Split Collection Kits (These will be sent to you upon purchasing the training course.)
- Have a person with you to act as your “donor” for the mock collections. If no one is available, the mock collections cannot be completed
- 6 Federal Chain of Custody Forms
- If your computer does not have a webcam, you will need to purchase one
- A computer monitor video camera
- Eliminate all potential distractions and establish an area that will be quiet and without interruptions
Conduct 6 mock collections covering common and uncommon collection scenarios.
Students must have a LIFELOC Breath Alcohol Tester available to perform the mock collections.
On the day of your Mock Collections you will need the following:
- A breath alcohol unit
- At least 2 mouthpieces
- Mouthwash that contains alcohol
- Someone to act as the donor
- One original DOT Alcohol Testing Form (ATF)
- 6 copies of the top page of the DOT ATF
- A webcam
We ask that you login to the video conference shortly before your scheduled time and have your supplies available. Once we can hear and see you and you can hear and see us, we will hang up the phone and be able to communicate through video conferencing alone.