Non-DOT Urine Specimen Collection Training
Qualification Course &
Proficiency “Mock” Demonstrations
Online DOT Urine Collection Qualification Training:
You may start or stop the video at any time and return to finish the videos as needed.
Available for your use are drug testing forms, charts that offer guidance, and brochures that you may find useful.
Upon completing the qualification portion of the training, you will be able to schedule your proficiency demonstration by clicking on a button that is provided within the course.
Cancellation/Rescheduling without 24+ hour notice will result in a $25 fee.
Conduct 5 mock collections covering common and uncommon collection scenarios. This face-to-face proficiency demonstration is performed with a TeamCME representative via video conference, and usually takes about 90 minutes to complete.
Prepare by practicing on family or staff members by doing at least 5 practice collections prior to your Proficiency Demonstration. (Please use photocopies of the Chain of Custody forms for practice.)
On the day of your Proficiency Demonstration you will need the following:
- 6 Collection Kits (Provided by TeamCME)
- Have a person with you to act as your “donor” for the mock collections. If no one is available, the proficiency demonstration cannot be completed
- 6 Chain of Custody Forms
- If your computer does not have a webcam, you will need to purchase one
- A computer monitor video camera
- Eliminate all potential distractions and establish an area that will be quiet and without interruptions
We ask that you login to the video conference shortly before your scheduled time and have your supplies available. A TeamCME representative will call you on the phone the day of the demonstration. Once we have you on the phone, we will start the video conferencing. Once we can hear and see you and you can hear and see us, we will hang up the phone and be able to communicate through video conferencing alone.